You cannot place a new order from your country. United States
Warning: Last items in stock!
Ginseng (Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer) is an evergreen shrub in the Araliaceae family. Having originated in Northeastern China, Eastern Russia and North Korea, it is currently grown in fertile, well-drained soils, as it no longer grows wild.
Its roots are commonly used. Ginseng root contains polyhydroxylated tetracyclic triterpene saponosides (main components), of which 14 ginsenosides have been described (the most relevant of which are Rb1, Rb2 and Rg1). Ginseng root also contains carbohydrates, phytosterols, B vitamins, essential oil, peptides, polyines, hydrocarbons and sesquiterpene alcohols.
Ginseng has the following properties:
• Increases resistance to disease and stress by acting on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis (adaptogenic activity);
• Has a normalising effect on the body and a generalised tonic effect;
• Increases longevity and promotes cell growth;
• Antiviral and antiaggregant;
• Cardiac tonic;
• Increases unspecific resistance by actively fighting adverse external effects and factors;
• It is a known anti-stress agent and immune system booster;
• Increases physical and intellectual performance;
• Useful for individuals with fast, busy lives, and recovering patients; useful for treating fatigue and impotence.