You cannot place a new order from your country. United States
The cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa) is a vine that may grow up to 30 metres. Native to South America, this plant grows in woods with plenty of sunlight. Its bark, leaves and roots are commonly used.
This plant contains pentacyclic oxindole alkaloids (isopteropodin, pteropodin, mitraphyllin, hirsutine and others), polyhydroxylated triterpenes, indole alcohols, organic acids, flavonoids, tannins, procyanidins and bitter compounds, amongst others.
It is commonly used to treat rheumatism, peptic ulcer, diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease, viral diseases, asthma and menstrual problems.
The cat’s claw has the following properties:
• Useful for treating rheumatic diseases;
• Helpful in the treatment of gastritis and peptic ulcer;
• Useful for treating diabetes;
• Helpful in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease;
• Anti-cancer and antiviral;