You cannot place a new order from your country. United States
Warning: Last items in stock!
Baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) is a unicellular eukaryotic microorganism.
It is the most relevant organism in traditional biotechnology, as it has been used for thousands of years to make bread, wine and beer, due to its ability to convert sugars into ethanol (found in fermented beverages, such as beer) and carbon dioxide (responsible for the leavening of bread dough).
Its interest as a dietary supplement results from its high levels of B vitamins, proteins (it contains all essential aminoacids) and minerals (mostly phosphorus, iron, potassium and chromium).
Baker’s yeast has the following properties:
• Helps restore the intestinal flora;
• Useful for treating diarrhoea;
• Boosts the body’s natural defences;
• Strengthens the hair and nails;
• Useful in fatigue and during recovery;
• Hypoglycaemic (lowers blood sugar levels);
• Rich source of nutrients.