You cannot place a new order from your country. United States
Warning: Last items in stock!
Echinacea Echinacea purpurea or Echinacea angustifolia is a perennial herbaceous plant in the Asteraceae (Compositae) family. Native to the Central and Eastern regions of the United States, this plant grows wild in meadows.
Highly sought after for its therapeutic applications, echinacea is extensively cultivated. Its roots are commonly used. Echinacea root contains fatty acids, essential oil, phytosterols, rutin, pyrrolizidine alkaloids, echinacoside A and B, and echinacins, amongst others.
Echinacea has the following properties:
• Immunostimulating, by activating the non-specific immune system;
• Increases leukocyte production;
• Anti-inflammatory and antiviral;
• Useful for preventing and treating the flu and common colds, by boosting the body’s natural defences;
• Protects the respiratory system against aggression;
• Useful during recovery, particularly in bacterial and viral infections;
• Useful for healing wounds and chronic ulcers, when applied topically.